Reliable Hard Drives

I'm really paranoid about my external drives ever since my Seagate FreeAgent drive died - only 2 months old.

I have a WD MyBook 500 GB drive. I nicknamed it Darth Vader because it's all black and shiny. It's my back drive for music, pictures, and video.

My primary drive is the Buffalo 500GB DriveStation. It's actually a very nice drive. The Seagate started up every time my computer booted up. I have to turn it off every single time. But the Buffalo drive has a switch. Very nice since I don't access the drive that much. Also, it has a firewire port. Very nice since I also have a Mac Mini. My only complaint is that it can be a little loud, especially since it is right next to my monitor.

Highly recommended.

Popmonkeys

0 comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.