Best External Hard Drive

How to choose the best external hard drive for you. Click on the picture to go to the product page on Buy.com.

Basic

If you just need more storage, a simple drive is for you.
I recommend the Western Digital 500GB My Book drive. I have one of these personally.
Western Digital 500GB My Book Essential II USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

It features a USB 2.0 port and no fuss set up.

Intermediate

If you are an intermediate user that works with large images and need to connect via FireWire, USB, or eSATA, than this drive is for you.
Western Digital 750GB My Book Home Edition - Triple Interface (USB 2.0, eSATA & FireWire 400) External Hard Drive

It features 3 types of connections, eSATA, USB 2.0, and Firewire.

Advance

If you have media or files you want to share with other computers in the house, than the Buffalo LinkStation is for you.
Buffalo 750GB LinkStation Live Multimedia Storage Server - 7200 RPM, SATA, DLNA Certified - Network Hard Drive

This drive features 2 USB ports and a network port. The drive connects to your network like any computer, most likely through a free port on your router. Any file on the drive can be shared to any computer on the network. It's that simple.

I really trust Buffalo drives. I have one as my main back up drive.

0 comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.